Jottings, just jottings.
Turning many parts of my MySpace into private right now, temporarily. MySpace can be quite stressful, with so much peer pressure and social circles, it sickens me how some people are sickly showing that they are fitting in as if others are not. So much, it's bullshit.
On the other side quite related, I feel horrible just to think that most of my photos nowadays are of bad quality and are well-fit to be ashamed of. The lack of new pictures posted here at the blog explains quite much of the feeling. I need fresh ideas instead of duplicating the old ones, if you know what I mean. The days of 'point-and-shoot' are supposedly to be over to make way for the photos that are captured after much thinking and well-cropped ideas.
I was given my first (and maybe only) DSLR a year ago, sometime around June. It is a Nikon D50. DSLRs were an alien thing among my friends at that time and the coolest thing about having a camera at that time is by having a slim one with the highest megapixels around. 'Big cameras' are some kind of an old thing, and it doesn't escape from the image that these 'big cameras' still use film for storage. Things surely have changed today.
I asked for a DSLR upon the reason of 'fulfilling a task'. And I did, so the first bunch of pictures that were captured using the brand new D50 was for my class school-leavers' page. The photos were cool enough. The camera didn't stop clicking ever since then.
In a period of only one year, nearly everybody has, and those who don't, wants one. Be it Nikon, Olympus, or Canon; slinging 'big cameras' to your shoulders is not weird, it's another cool thing. DSLRs are quickly becoming of what handphones were in the early 2000s. As the competition is getting vital, having a DSLR alone is not enough - it's what your 'add-ons' that matter. And so people go to the biggest of lenses, and the best of flashes to go with their cameras. All of this, because we're getting crazier over gorgeous pictures.
The thought of having a DSLR and not having good pictures in my albums recently makes me as unsatisfied as having a full bladder with no toilets around. Something really is missing, and it puzzles me a lot. It would do a lot with me and my photography skills anyway, so this writing basically, messes around with a lot of whining, come to think of it. So I thank you for reading!
Upgraded my Flickr account to Pro. The blog will be refurbished too, making ways to 'publicly' linking it, if you know what I mean.
Privacy, privacy. Well in a world I know, that is today, such word when uttered doesn't carry the real meaning at most times.
Happy belated birthday to Mama.
Turning many parts of my MySpace into private right now, temporarily. MySpace can be quite stressful, with so much peer pressure and social circles, it sickens me how some people are sickly showing that they are fitting in as if others are not. So much, it's bullshit.
On the other side quite related, I feel horrible just to think that most of my photos nowadays are of bad quality and are well-fit to be ashamed of. The lack of new pictures posted here at the blog explains quite much of the feeling. I need fresh ideas instead of duplicating the old ones, if you know what I mean. The days of 'point-and-shoot' are supposedly to be over to make way for the photos that are captured after much thinking and well-cropped ideas.
I was given my first (and maybe only) DSLR a year ago, sometime around June. It is a Nikon D50. DSLRs were an alien thing among my friends at that time and the coolest thing about having a camera at that time is by having a slim one with the highest megapixels around. 'Big cameras' are some kind of an old thing, and it doesn't escape from the image that these 'big cameras' still use film for storage. Things surely have changed today.
I asked for a DSLR upon the reason of 'fulfilling a task'. And I did, so the first bunch of pictures that were captured using the brand new D50 was for my class school-leavers' page. The photos were cool enough. The camera didn't stop clicking ever since then.
In a period of only one year, nearly everybody has, and those who don't, wants one. Be it Nikon, Olympus, or Canon; slinging 'big cameras' to your shoulders is not weird, it's another cool thing. DSLRs are quickly becoming of what handphones were in the early 2000s. As the competition is getting vital, having a DSLR alone is not enough - it's what your 'add-ons' that matter. And so people go to the biggest of lenses, and the best of flashes to go with their cameras. All of this, because we're getting crazier over gorgeous pictures.
The thought of having a DSLR and not having good pictures in my albums recently makes me as unsatisfied as having a full bladder with no toilets around. Something really is missing, and it puzzles me a lot. It would do a lot with me and my photography skills anyway, so this writing basically, messes around with a lot of whining, come to think of it. So I thank you for reading!
Upgraded my Flickr account to Pro. The blog will be refurbished too, making ways to 'publicly' linking it, if you know what I mean.
Privacy, privacy. Well in a world I know, that is today, such word when uttered doesn't carry the real meaning at most times.
Happy belated birthday to Mama.
7 comments:
your blog does need some freshen up.
syuk, kat internet ade yg private ke??
btw, happy belated bday to ur mom. hehe.
amelin.
its true what youve said abt the myspace thingy. i deleted mine hours ago.
and i feel like im too old for it already. lol
betul betul! i want a DSLR jugak!
but now i feel like a total idiot wanting one.
ditto. owning a dslr but with an empty photo album is something to think about. this is one of the reason why i stop taking pictures. no new ideas, not smgt to pursue. aahah
on LJ they have interesting communities like panorama
and snapshot hunter
maybe you can get your ideas from there. good luck!
tapi im sure you'll be inspired soon. youre muse will come back. dont worry..
heres another one (:
100 snapshot
thanks. idea mana boleh paksa kan :) and nak mengambik kesempatan calling for readers to actually READ, and when you READ, try to get even those in between the lines. harap jangan membabi buta membuat conclusion lepas bace satu dua paragraph mukadimah, terima kasih.
Post a Comment